F R O M A C U R R E N T W O R S H I P B U L L E T I N
A N N O U N C E M E N T S
“Baby Basket Today” Donations needed now: Diapers Size NB, 1, 2 & Pull-ups We have a fair amount of Toiletries but could use some New Items. Gently-Used Clothes needed: Girls 12-18 Mo, and Boys 4-5T. The May event is on May 6th…not the 13th because of Mothers’ Day. Volunteers needed for May 6th event.
New Life Church Fellowship (new name…it’s not a Club…it’s a Fellowship…you don’t have to ‘belong’ to attend). April event has been tweeked a little… The event is NEXT Sun, Apr 22. There will be TWO Potlucks:
* Adult Heritage Potluck – bring a dish from YOUR nationality! Could be an interesting menu! This potluck will be held in the Sanctuary.
* Teens/Kids ‘U Cook’ Potluck – Teens/Kids in charge of COOKING (with Dad or Mom’s help if necessary) a teen/ kid-friendly dish to share! This could ALSO be an interesting menu! This potluck will be in the Adult SS Room.
* Signup started last Sunday. Be SURE to signup to attend...so we know how many people to prepare for.
* If there’s anything this church is GREAT at, it’s potlucks!
I have NO DOUBT these potlucks will be super fun!
See Penny if you can help with details of this event.
National Day Of Prayer May 3 The National Day Of Prayer is always the first Thursday in May annually. Would you like to coordinate a special prayer event at our church?
Ladies Day Out Event – Craft/ Scrapbook Event Sat May 5th – 10am-3pm! For those who scrapbook …and those who don’t! Bring your scrapbooks or work on the Church scrapbook. OR bring another craft you’d enjoy working on. Lunch will be provided.
Don’t miss this fun event! Signup at the back table!
We’re Invited To Participate! Mondamin will be celebrating their 150th Birthday Jun 9-10! We’ve been invited to help with several celebration activities. Here’s several areas you can get involved…and your help is needed:
- Sat-Jun 9 – Celebration Setup, Assist with the Parade, Heritage Games, Races, Contests, Assist with Cleanup at day’s end
- Sun-Jun 10 – Volunteer to help serve Birthday Cake & Ice Cream after an All-Faiths Community Church Service
A signup sheet is on the signup table. Please signup today to help.
Here are the contact people for these events if you have any questions:
- Barb A-New Life Church Repr working with Heritage Days Planning Committee
- Chris F-NLC Float Team Leader
- Penny & Jennifer F-Heritage Games Team Leaders (games, races, contests)
- John & Deb E – Birthday Cake Celebration Team Leaders
“New Community Meal May 7” The signup sheet for volunteers and food donations is on the signup table today.
It’s an easy way to show others we care. And it is a blessing for us to do so.
If you’ve never been a part of this outreach…why not take this opportunity? See Juli C if you have questions.
Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
This Week At A Glance
Week of April 15-22
Sun 9:30am – Sunday School
10:30am – Worship Service
Games Team Mtg
Wed Weekly Group Prayer Mtg 7-8pm
Ladies Bible Study 7-8pm
Sun Sunday School & Worship
Apr 22 NLC Fellowship Potluck – noon
(This is a “Heritage Potluck”)
Kids/Teens Potluck (Adult SS Rm)
(This is a “Kids Cook Potluck”)
May 03 National Day of Prayer
May 05 Ladies Scrapbook / Craft Event
May 06 Baby Basket Event
Jun 09-10 Mondamin Sesquicentennial
VERSES FOR YOU…
“Love the Lord Your God…walk in all His ways…hold fast to Him.” Deuteronomy 11:22
“Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity.” Eph 4:26-27 NASB